Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

This year, we had the "Second Annual New Years Eve Party" at Natalie's house :) Natalie and Rob are our wonderful neighbors and such good hosts! She made a big pot of chili, I did twice-baked potatoes and mint brownies for dessert, and everyone brought sides. We had so much food... (leftovers!)

And we played the best game ever...."Catch Phrase" like a million times until midnight. It was SO FUN!!! And this year, Garrett didn't win the whole time! :) Yes!

Natalie & Rob Lund

Brittany & Garrett Best (Garrett doing his "Edward" pose)

The new move-in's, Britton & Aubrey Howell!

Gillis & Megan Sessions

Rachel & Jonathan DenBeste (Jonathan being a total dork in the photo, as usual :)

Jordan & Me

Another nice random shot

Some of the night's highlights:

* Janessa is losing her mind. Due to the sheer volume of items she was bringing to Natalie's house (walking there...she's just a few houses down the road) she decided to slip her cell phone into her...bosom :) TOTALLY forgot it was there, used Natalie's phone to call Jordan at one point, because she couldn't find it (although she heard a text message at one point, was looking around...it seemed so close by!! STILL didn't pick up on that) until during dinner when someone texted her again, and she looked down. Yes.

* Natalie calling the language "Afrikaans" "Africonics" haha... it was just really funny.

* Garrett pretending to be a HUGE fan of Twilight, and us gullible girls TOTALLY believing him...he was simply regurgitating what his wife had said (in the most convincing way!) about the books and the movie (yes, I also hated Bella's prom dress in the movie!)

* Janessa calling Ryan Seacrest's dumb earmuffs "ear mufflers..." yes, Jordan looked at her really weird.

* Rob STALLING during his turn in Catch Phrase so that Natalie would run out of time!!

* Natalie, Rachel, and Janessa talking about ovulation cycles and Rob accidentally getting stuck in the conversation :)

OK I can't remember any more...we just had so much fun, and that's all there is to it!! AND, I didn't have a baby!!! YES! That means cheaper delivery here I come! I think maybe this weekend....we'll see!

10 comments:

Kika VilaNova said...

hehe it seems like it was fun! And I put my phone and money in my bosom all the time, it's safe there :)

hugs hugs!! te amo minha filha! feliz 2009!!

ariel said...

we also played catch phrase this weekend... and i may or may not have used the same "stalling" technique to help the other team lose :)

Becky said...

Where's that BABY!!!!!!!!!!!?????????
Looking forward to pictures!!

Jordan said...

Africonics worked for me!

It was freezing today, but a nice pair of warm fuzzy mufflers sure take the edge off. :P

Brittany & Garrett Best said...

It was an extremely fun party! We had a blast! We should continue this tradition!!!! Thanks for the great food you brought, very yummy and the great games!!!!!

Jenn and Brandon said...

Looks like fun. . .good tradition! Good luck tomorrow. Let me know if you need anything.

Michelle and Andrew said...

Cute, i Loved the memories of the night. I just love game nights, they are soooo fun. love you! you are currently delivering your baby so I hope it all goes well. Claire Michelle Right????

ariel said...

she looks beautiful!!! i'm so happy for you! i hope you're recovering quickly and everything is going well. welcome to earth, claire :)

Becky said...

So she's here!!! I LOVE the name. jealous because we can never have a Claire LaClaire.. ha ha!
How did everything go, can't wait to hear all about it. CONGRATS!!!

ashley said...

Claires picture is so cute! I cant wait to meet her! Congratulations!!!